Saturday, October 29, 2011

A Costly Air-er

I have a car with a very balky tire pressure monitoring system. So now that the colder air has arrived the damn thing acts up every other day. It's very annoying because a light shows up on the dash and it won't go away until you go to a gas station and fiddle with the pressure by adding air.

So I found myself screwing around with this thing three times last week. But here's the kicker -air now costs a buck. Huh?? Yes, it takes 4 quarters to get the thing going. Yes, that means I spent three dollars last week on AIR!! I'm going to look for the old bicycle pump I used to use to pump up the boys footballs and basketballs. The way this is going I'll spend about a hundred bucks on air before the winter's over.

You know it makes you wonder what will be next. I'll bet somebody will figure out that if you can make a little money selling air, you can probably make a fortune putting water in plastic bottles and selling those. No, that's a little far fetched.

BBFN - Fanatticman

1 comment:

  1. F-Man, if you put nitrogen in those tires you won't have the recurring problem!
    (you can owe me a beer for this advice)

    ReplyDelete