Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Valentine's Day

I really love my wife, so I don't want anything I say after this to be misconstrued.
So here goes: Valentine's Day is a crock.

Haven't you had it with cupids, and stupid gifts, and candy in heart shaped boxes, and syrupy greeting cards and heart shaped balloons in the meat department? Come on already, and while we are still in rehab from Christmas overload? This one has to be eliminated from our culture - and they stick it in there right before you begin the glide path to Easter and chocolate eggs. Now you now why our country is in an obesity crisis - it's a freakin' chocolate orgy for four months.

I think it's a conspiracy by Jenny Craig and Weight Watchers and the corporations involved in the weight loss industry. Hell, folks pack on so much weight between Thanksgiving and Easter, that these companies are in fat city for the rest of the year.

And then there are the ads for Valentine's Day gifts. I can't decide whether to get a damn Pajamagram or an arrangement of edible fruit to go with my order from Flowers.com. Try this - just buy your squeeze a treadmill so you can look at her again by next Christmas.

BBFN - Fanatticman

1 comment: