Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Annoying Ads

Since I have been watching a lot of football during the last few weeks I have noticed the many ads with Christmas themes and music. I really don't like a lot of them. Perhaps the ones I have seen most frequently are the Hyundai ads. You know the ones where the girl is singing carols in an annoyingly high key and her elf boyfriend is playing drums, or a xylophone and skips around the car. Just awful! And now that Hyundai is selling more cars, we have to watch this stuff with greater frequency because they can afford it. I am really getting nostalgic for the Yugo.




And then there are a few booze ads. The ones with P Diddy (nice name by the way) are so bad they are cringe worthy. And Michael Imperioli celebrating the virtues of his Vodka bottle top is so stupid it makes me wish that Tony Soprano would step in and put an end to it as I watch. Bada - boom!





Then there is "The Voice" in the Jos. A. Bank ads. He can make a "buy one tie-get one for free" sale sound like the sea is about to part again. Calm down my friend, it's a TIE.





And how about Flo from Progressive Insurance. She is starting to make even Joy Behar appear to be less irritating. I'll take the caveman anyday when it comes to overused insurance pitch people. Actually I think I like Mayhem the most (the guy that falls off the roof in the Allstate commercials). One tough, clumsy guy.



And since this is a blog and not a thesis, I'll control myself and stop here.

More on this topic at a later date. Fertlie ground indeed.





BBFN - Fanatticman

1 comment:

  1. Fanatticman, I hate that Hyundai commercial too! It's unbelievable how senseless and stupid it is and the girl isn't even good looking!

    ReplyDelete