Thursday, December 23, 2010

Golf Channel

I like to play golf seven days a week. My wife challenged me the other day when she heard me tell someone that I played about 6 times a week. I told her that it didn't sound good to say 7 - don't want to sound like I have an addiction or that my obsessive, compulsive behavior is winning (it actually won a few years ago).




But now that the snow has arrived and shows no signs of leaving very soon, I am reduced to practice putting in my man cave and watching the Golf Channel. Now during this lull between the end of the 2010 golf season and the beginning of the 2011 season in Hawaii, the Golf Channel's programming has devolved into reruns of "Twelve Nights at the Academy"( which has been shown so often it feels like 112 nights), Trump and his self promoting show about how great he is, and the Top Ten show where they have created episodes about Tiger's top 10 girlfriends, er I meant moments, and the best Mickelson choke jobs and similar grist which they will rerun for the next 3 weeks without mercy.




But the most deadly are the constant infomercials for golf gadgets and training aids. If you're not careful, you could find yourself in severe pain by trying to swing a Medicus driver while wearing a V-Harness. Visualize a large pretzel in plaid shorts and golf spikes. Can you imagine the look on the chiropractor's face when he discovers what happened?




I really don't think that Rocco, Gary Koch and Roger Maltbie realize that they could be responsible for serious bodily harm to guys like me shut out from golf for weeks at a time. I'm waiting for a warning from the Surgeon General as an intro to these infomercials as the injury count begins to rise.



BBFN and Merry Christmas - Fanatticman

1 comment:

  1. F-Man: I recommend a viewing of the classic movie "Caddyshack" - it's the snobs against the slobs!

    ReplyDelete